Sunday, May 14, 2006

finding Him...

in my life be lifted high,
in our world be lifted high,
in our love be lifted high
As i'm sitting in a coffee shop today listening to hillsons united these lyrics struck loud and clear to me. I usually sit with music playing and don't pay attention to whats being played. these lyrics stuck out for some odd reason. as the Spirit placed a stiring in my heart to examine and to see if He is really being lifted high in my life, in our world and in our love. personally for me in my life and in my love. i find that i haven't sat down and been still in a while. sitting at the foot of the cross and laying my life down again, my desires, and my wills. the things in life that i desire more than anything else....shouldn't it be the Lord? how many times i find that apart from this worldliness and ungodliness that i get caught up in apart from all of this is the fountain of Living Water that NEVER runs dry. Thank you Lord for reminding me.

another question i am faced with is how many times do I miss the Lord? because i get caught up in things of this world, that don't matter. what have i missed Him in? how much am i unaware? how much do i go thru the day being disappointed time and time again in things of this world? when the Lord's right with me, never failing, never-leaving, all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing (which is humbling in its self), gracious, kind, patient, just, forgiving, strong, mighty, jus to name a few....

why do i find myself searching for things of this world, and in that being disappointed when something fails or something goes wrong???? so to this, i say....thank you Lord for never failing me, for never leaving for forsaking me. may i not be found seeking after things of this world, but with my whole heart seeking and running after you.
"not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phil. 3:12-14

May I hear Him when thing's are loud,
May I see Him when my vision is blurred,
May I find Him when i'm lost,
May I run to Him when i'm scared,
May I be found in Christ's likeness everyday of my life...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home