Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I am nothing...

I am home from Work Week at Kids Across America II. Words cannot descirbe the two weeks that I had! The leadership staff adopted this little saying that I have found to be so true and fits everything we have done and will do at kamp this summer. Which is..."Work like it depends us, and Pray like it depends on HIM." How true that statement was to me after my two weeks of training. We worked hard, we prayed hard, and now the kids are at kamp as I am writing this. All of our hard work and training has been done and now its GO TIME! As other staffers are at kamp right now, the Lord bring them to mind often. When they come to mind I cannot help but think of the most amazing staffers and precious kids that they are loving on them.

I am so excited to go back in a few weeks that I can hardly stand it! Although, I am enjoying my time at home; resting and trying to prepare myself physically and spiritually for what the Lord has in store for me when I go work my terms.

Although, right now I will be honest that I am nervous about going back. I have pretty much nothing in common with these kids I will be working with. We come from two totally different backgrouds, yet why did the Lord chose me to go work with these kids? I have no clue, I feel quite inadequate to be used right now. I know that it won't be because of me or because of anything I do. But ONLY because of the Lord and His promise to "never leave or forsake me". The bottom line is this, I can't do it on my own strength, wisdom, or power. But only with the Lord. So if anyone is even reading this. Please pray, that the Lord would strength me, that I would be rooted and built firm in Him. May I only boast in Christ and Christ alone. For He is the ONLY good I have and the only good I will ever have. For without Him, I am nothing.

If these past few weeks could be summed up in a sentence it would be this, I am nothing and its only by the grace of God that I am alive.

If that doesn't make sense, please contact me. Let's talk about this a little more in depth. I feel as though I have stumbled over my words in attempt to give you a glimpse of who God really is in my life.

grace and peace to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home