Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Can I get a KAA!?!?!

Well, this post is LONG over due. I am home from Kids AcrossAmerica 2-the Duece! Words cannot begin to express how much I have grown to love Kids Across America but more than that the precious children I came in contact with as well as the most amazing people i've ever met in my entire life! I mean, I can try and give you a tiny tiny birds eye view of Kids Across America, but it just won't do it justice.

I started out the summer thinking "Lord why did you choose me to come to Golden, Missouri to work with Urban Youth?" I am so greatful that He did give me the oppertunity to go. I can honestly say that I am not the same person I was before I went to KAA.

I can tell you the funniest stories of my life and make you cry laughing and I can tell you the saddest stories you've ever heard which will also make you cry. I found myself at a loss for words on more than one occasion. Heart broken at what some of my kampers have been through or what they will go through. Seeing fear rise in some of their eyes because of situations back home. Having kids love you no matter what. I can remember times when I would run with kampers and they would be mad at the time but the next minute they were back to loving me. It left me speechless, these precious children are an incredible example of unconditional love.
Don't worry, if I could have brought everyone home with me....I would, in a heart beat!!

I mean, i'm not going to lie...it was HARD...probably one of the hardest things i've ever experienced. But it was worth every minute, every tear, every smile, every drop of sweat. And I can say this, i'd do it all over again...in a heart beat!

Pretty much, if you want to hear from...contact me because a blog does NOT do this kamp justice. Not even will my stories or anything I can say...you really should experience it for yourself...I promise you won't regret it!

So alive with the presence of God that we ( I ) would be foolish to neglect such a gracious invitation to experience the depths of Jesus Christ.

My summer summed up in one statement: Its not about me, its bigger, its about God!

For the Kingdom and for the Kids,
Amelia

3 Comments:

Blogger hewessa said...

i love you and you are a BLESSING to my life! and yes....I WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT KAMP (on our date)!!! :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger katie said...

you are a godly stud and i want to be you.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i love KAA!!! U KNO!!

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home