Thursday, August 10, 2006

greatfulness

"Your hand of freedom reached into my situation,
breaking my binding chains and granting me liberation,
I once was bound to myself, the worst of penalties,
Couldn't escape from my sin, until You rescued me.

But now You are my liberator, Your love set me free,
You are my emancipator, With Your blood you bore me,
Now I am free

Not going back to that place again,
When my mind and my body are in slave to sin,
Through your life and your death, Your life again,
Taking this dead man, You made breathe again!" -Jason Eskridge

Two words in this song stick out to me
Liberator- To set free, as from oppression
Emancipator- To free from bondage, oppression

Here's two words that I have actually come to grasp over the summer. The first time I heard this song at KAA this summer. I was left speechless sitting at the CrossTalk arena on a bench. With a kamper and another kounselor on the other side. I began to weep, at the fact that Jesus Christ is my Liberator and my Emancipator. Jesus set me free from oppression (Sin, Hell, and Death) and He is my Emancipator. "because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:2

I have always known this, but came to grips with it this summer. The Lord captivated (To attract and hold by charm, beauty, or excellence.) my heart with Him this summer. He attracted me to Him for simply who He is, Holding me by His charm and beauty and excellence. Which are only a few things that describe my Jesus.

So where do I start? I can honestly say that I have just had the hardest and the best two months of my life! So I praise the Lord for waking me up so early in the morning to spend precious time with Him, which I can honestly say is SO much better than anything else on this earth.

The theme of our summer at Kids Across America is "Off da Hook"

"For God made him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God" 2 Corinthians 5:21

Therefore we are now "off da hook". Which can relate to why i've been so focused on Christ being my liberator and emancipator.

Humbled by the fact that Jesus Christ God's one and only son (Jn. 3:16) is in fact my liberator and my emancipator. He's much more than that, but i've come to grips with these two meanings.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i worked at KAA this summer too! It was truly amazing and i absolutely love the song you are talking about i was actually just watching one of the highlight videos and i heard it! Do you by chance know who sings it?

7:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much; I worked at KAA in 2004. This song really touched m life! It was great to see so many kids accept Christ and get to ring the bell. Here is the singer's website. http://www.myspace.com/jasoneskridge
I was able to download the song from there. It is not the same exact version of the song I heard at camp; it is a cleaner version. Be blessed.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've been going to KAA for 5 years straight it is awesome and This song is amamzing KAA U KNOW!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

omg I LOVE KAA some of the best times of my life..i remember ringing the bell when i got saved. I also remeber this song playing during crosstalk while the passion of christ was playing..I was speechless. Can i get a KAA..U KNOW!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home